Thursday, 16 April 2009

Violet!

I would like you all to meet Violet.





She is very very special!!!!! She is very good at keeping secrets!!! She loves her pretty dress!! She looks after something very special that she will only show to those who she knows will look after it & treat it with the respect it deserves. It is not something for tiny little hands to prod & poke & that is why she is so good at keeping secrets. She has allowed me to show you her best kept secret to-day!!!!!!!!
Drum roll please ! DAH DAH !!!!!!!!!!


My new sewing machine has arrived I am so thrilled. It is not the top of the range of machines by a long chalk but it does all that I have need of & what more can a girl ask for. I now have a pile of work jeans to alter for my DH ( why did I not marry someone taller lol!!!!) A few cushions to finish off some trousers for myself to alter & so it goes!!!! I am like a child with a new toy !! Thank you Miss Violet for keeping my new toy free from dust & making it look even prettier than it is!!!! Happy sewing to you all! Marie x

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Marie, you are a jewel! I love your new sewing machine. And guess what! I bought a "plain jane" Singer at Target when my first daughter was born and 28 years later, I'm still usin' it! It does everything I need to do and it still works. Once it quit working and I thought it was done, but a friend had a look at it, oiled it up and cleaned it and it took off on a second life. My friend Karen has a machine that cost over $4800 and I'm as happy with mine as she is with hers. You go, Marie!

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely machine, it doesnt need to be all singing and dancing, you will get so much out of it anyway.
Violet is so pretty!

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

How wonderful to have a NEW sewing machine! I wish we lived closer and could sew together! Enjoy a great week.

Jessica said...

Violet is such a cute doll! Did you make her?

Susan B said...

Violet is very cute. Your new sewing machine is very nice! I hope you get much joy from using it!